Tuesday, June 16, 2009

another day, another migraine

That makes 5 in a row. Food started to taste like cardboard days ago and the nausea doesn't help that whole 'eating' thing either. I know I need to eat better to help get out of this string but that's a rather huge task at the moment. When I don't have a migraine, I seem to have a stress headache, which nothing works for. I need to do homework and get through Algebra II and into Pre-calc, I had hopes to be half way through pre-calc by the end of this week. I don't know that that is going to happen.

If I have a migraine tomorrow I can't take any acute meds, as I've already taken 2 days. I took 2 days, 1 day off, then 2 days, and even then I know I'm pretty much breaking the 'rules'. If I take too many days in a row then get rebound migraines. If I have a migraine tomorrow and Thurs I'll call Dr V again, find out what I'm supposed to do.

My friend J told me about this whey protein you can put into shakes to get more protein. When I have this many migraines the very act of chewing hurts so I'm hoping I can make some shakes and drink them and get enough calories and protein. I'm also hoping I'm not allergic to the whey. I'm lactose intollerant and I can't take soy protein as that gives me migraines.

At least I can have a quiet day tomorrow if I need. All I have is a therapy appt and then going to Whole Foods with my mum to get the whey protein. I was planning to go to the grocery store and possibly Wal-Mart and I need to stop at the vets and get a new E-collar for Obi as tonight he chewed up the one he is currently wearing so it's basically all duct tape now. But any of that stuff can be canceled or rescheduled if I need more quiet to get away from these headaches.

No comments: