Tuesday, August 18, 2009

saw my pcp dr f on monday. apparently i'm supposed to try to get 2 miles in every day as opposed to the 1 i try to walk daily (but the past few days with the over bearing heat haven't gone out much at all). in a few weeks going to the train i'll be walking 2 - 4 miles 2x a week. there really isn't a set 2 mile route that gets me anywhere easily, there is a slightly more than 1 mile route and then there's the 2 mile to town and 2 mile home route. j my dog doesn't like routes to no where so if he thinks we're not going anywhere its hard to get him going and that's not really much exercise for me now is it. all this walking is suppose to help my fibro. also the damn zyprexa caused me to gain weight again, and it stopped working for the insomnia and nightmares so not taking that anymore. hope the weight comes off as easily as it went on.

i'm getting tired of the meds. dr f also informed me of some potential complication that 2 of the drugs i take daily can have on my heart. had to have an ekg, which stressed me out. wasn't expecting that. don't like unexpected surprises like that. was already in the process of decreasing one of the meds anyway, i'd really like to get off it for good again. i'd like to get off all my meds for good if i could. don't know if that's a dream or what.

2 years ago i went off all my meds. then slowly one was added for my migraines, then another for my migraines, then the noise got bad again so drug was added for that, then my insomnia got worse added a drug for that, then the fibro flared really badly added a drug for that. all over 2 years. in the time some have worked some have not some have been subsituted some have stayed consistent.

now i'm back where i don't want to take them anymore. with out meds managing my weight is easier, i don't risk type II diabetes. i don't risk heart problems. or med toxicity. or seizures. or any other side effect or complication.

instead i just deal with chronic pain. and a constant chattering that tries to kill me some days. ok more like constantly.

but i lived with all of that for 19 years. and that was before i had any form of support system outside of a 4 legged BrownDog. and before i knew much of anything about myself. and i use to run into a lot more brick walls then and never look for a window.

who says i can't do it again? and probably survive another 19 years. something to think about at least.

2 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

Wow, those are some stong meds, and while I applaud the vigilance of a doctor who checks for heart problems, shouldn't those interactions be limited BEFORE - I mean, lyrica is for Fibro, and that new French drug, and Reboxatine and I don't think any of them have serious side effects or compounding (oddly two aren't yet legal in the US, everywhere else in the world but not the US -odd).

Sorry, off topic. That sucks. You are doing a mile a day and rewarded by a 'good job' and all that - no, just 'double it' - and these meds do sound pretty serious scary. But then Fibro is serious sucky and so are migranes. Sigh. Yeah, I can see why you want to go off the meds. I don't know if it is best, but I want to go off my meds and do sometimes (for like er....18 hours), but turns out the devil I know for me is better than the devil out there. Wishing you better things happening.

k1 said...

that's what happens when you're on antipsychotics- crazy drug interactions and side effects. and my fibro drug is a very old antidepressant in a small dose. that and my antipsychotic have the increased risk factor of heart problems. and yeah would be nice if someone thought about that BEFORE I'd been on the drugs for a year. alas. at least the ekg came back ok. of course all this comes at a time when i generally get antsy to get off my meds (I tend to do this about 2x a year) and it makes the idea look very appealing.

thanks for stopping by and posting a note. i know how taxing that is for you. I try to read a part of your blog every day, most days I can't read enough to get through the whole post (have a reading concentration issue) but I am there reading what I can and wishing you well every day.

Also I got a post card from you today! It was a pleasure to get some nice mail! THANKS!