Wednesday, July 1, 2009

sick and feeling like crud

You know if I had anyone to whine to other than the dogs, I would probably be whining right now. I have a chest cold and feel like crap. Monday my mother informed me that my father had the flu, that he started getting sick on Saturday (isn't it great how I learn these things days after they happen??). By Monday night I was starting to feel like I had a 30# corgi sitting on my chest all the time (and yes I know what that feels like since I have a 30# corgi who enjoys laying on my chest digging his elbows into me when ever the opportunity arises) and started coughing and sniffling. Yesterday was not much fun, today has not been much fun. Teaching last night was kind of a haze as the OTC meds I was taking wore off part way through class.

I canceled my Dr R appt for today, I just don't feel like sitting through therapy being expected to talk about things I don't want to talk about right now on top of being sick. I did end up going to my Dr S appt and he said I can try playing around with the geodon dose and see if I can still get some benefit on a lower dose with the PRN zyprexa now. Still hoping I don't get the side effects of the zyprexa with just taking it PRN. So far it's still helping me sleep though not helping the nightmares so I wake up a bunch still but am so drugged I fall right back to sleep, so at least sleeping which is better than what I was doing before.

And it's raining here again. Yesterday was a gorgeous day that I spent on the couch. Today is a thundery rainy day that N is wigging out about since he seems to be beginning to develop thunderstorm anxiety. Don't really know where this is coming from since he's been fine his whole 5 years of life, it's probably just an extension of his usual anxious persona.

I hope I am feeling better by tomorrow night as we're all going to cirque du soleil. It should be an awesome show, I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: