My joints are back to creaking, poping and generally causing a ruckus. I've been stuck sleeping on the couch so that I can sleep on my side and still support my back and hips on something. I'll tell you it isn't very comfortable, though is better than trying to sleep in bed, and at the crack of dawn with no black out shades in the living room, I tend to migrate back to the bedroom and try to snooze for a bit more. Lately that's been working ok. Though I think now I need to go back to my chiropractor and get put back together. I no longer think 'it's just a muscle thing'. I can generally feel the difference, thankfully.
I got rejected from TSE for a guide dog. I was pretty upset and down at first, but then someone I know from a board I participate on said that really isn't unusual or out of character for them as they tend to reject anyone with any useable vision. Which made me feel better. So still have to have the interview with GDF and see what they say.
BUT now I have a plan B which is actually looking kind of tempting as a plan A as well. Which is getting a PWD that is 1-2yrs old to train myself again. I really really really don't want to end up with a lab. Nothing against lab people or people who like labs, but I don't. I've had too many years of working with labs to know that they are not my breed of choice and that I don't really like them. I could manage with a labxgolden or a golden or something that was a cross with lab in it, but I really don't want a purebred lab at all. And 80% of the dogs GDF places are labs. That's a lot of labs. Regardless I digress.
So after talking with some friends, and thinking a lot about it from my life and likes/dislikes stand point, I could really see me having fun with a portie. And I think the right one could fit nicely into my current pack and household. And I got some really good leads on good breeders from a few friends, so I'm already headed in a good direction. So if the right one pops his or her head up I don't know that I would decline. Just have to wait and see. Who knows GDF may reject me and I'll have no choice. But if GDF accepts me then I have to make some decisions and do more thinking.
Bipolar, pregnancy and mumhood
5 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment