Monday, November 2, 2009

change of seasons = sleep problems

Seasons are changing once again and with it my insomnia is back with a vengence. At first it was "I'm really cold" and I'd wake up a lot in the middle of the night. So then I put the electric blanket on, but I couldn't figure out just the right setting so half the time I was waking up cold and half the time too hot. And now my nightmares are back horribly. And now I'm having trouble falling alseep so I keep moving to the couch to sleep fitfully there for half the night before moving back to bed. Damn it. The cyproheptadine doesn't seem to be helping much anymore either.

My nightmares are bad enough that my corgi M has taken to wake me up in the middle of the night from them. He only does this when I start either thrashing around or talking in my sleep as I think that wakes him up and gets him worried. The other dogs just sleep through.

At least at the end of the month I have my appt with the sleep specialist in Boston. I have no high hopes, but it's worth a shot so I'll go and hear what he has to say.

No comments: